Monday 21 March 2016

#12. Hijab Fashion Style Diary

Salam alaikum,

My name is Odion Izegwire, from Edo state. But Lagos born and raised. Had my first degree in Kano and now work in a boarding school with teenagers in Minna, Niger State. I love my job, I love the kids I work with, I love my twin more than my life, I love cats, I love going new places and meeting new faces and I love my hijab.


Her styles and how she achieved them.

#Yellow lace and blue veil: It's always cool when you see your brain/idea/concept on yourself or someone else. I design most of my dresses, and this is one of them. The lace was gotten from Lagos and veil from Abuja. I'm not a lace and ankara/atampa person. I only wear when it's for anko/aso-ebi of some VVIP #True

#Palazo pants: I have fallen in love with palazo pants, but the sad thing is they are difficult to get here in my country. But still searching for good ones. For now, I have about 4. And if there is a sis out there dat wanna send me a gift, just send me a palazo pant *winks* LOL
Palazo, summer jacket, inner-top and veil gotten from South-Africa. The inner-ninja-hijab was gotten on Ali-Express (online-shopping)
 ‎

#Black Abaya (with red stones): when people love you, they know how to get to your heart. Even CNN knows how I love black abayas LOL.  This abaya was given to me by a sweet friend, and the dress was gotten from Malaysia.

#Black abaya with touch of blue: Odion loves to see herself flowing gloriously in black abayas :) 
My boss gave me this as a gift and she got it from Egypt.
I bought the bag in Lagos.


#Pink Jilbab: I call this "Jilbab-de-Ody". I designed it. The pink fabric & the black lycra were gotten from a local store in Minna.
The pink fabric is a thick satin and the black lycra was used cos it has to be stretchy to be able to pass through the head as a hijab. The black was joined to the pink, making it a jilbab from the head down to the toes.I don't need to look for veil when I'm in a rush

#Grey Jilbab-de-Ody: The grey fabric is stretchy, I had to mix it with the aqua-green lace, both were gotten from a local store in Minna.
Oh! And that stone you see there, is a necklace for hijabis, it was gotten from the States.
I love this my new crave for designing jilbabs


 #Aqua-green Jilbab-de-Ody: this fabric is also stretchy. I mixed it with a one of my veils I had in my closet. (Bothe veil and the aqua lycra were gotten from Minna). Didn't know what to use for the sleeves, and one night, I just got up from my sleep, brought out the veil and said you it, "dear veil, you gonna marry that fabric" LOL

#Aqua green & black lace Jilbab-de-Ody: Y'all remember that aqua lycra that married one of my veils yeah?
When the veil was tired, I got me black lace, removed the old wife that was like "abrakadabra" kinda sleeves and designed slimmer sleeves for the dress with the black lace :)
Very easy to switch your looks by changing styles.


#Touch of red and black:Okay, it was very very cold on this day.
The touch of red dress (you thought it was a skirt yeah *smiles*) was gotten from Egypt.
The inner black top, the cardigan, hijab and face-cap were all gotten from South Africa.
The bag was gotten from the States.
#Cold, and still feeling fresh *winks*

 #Sports - multicolored top:
"Come, let's go for sports"
Inner black top and the multicolored top were gotten from S.A, veil from Dubai (for an abaya), sport-trouser from a boutique in Minna and shoes from the States.


#Sports - Camou-Veil:
"Shhh..... don't tell the Soldier-Boy I'm wearing a camou-veil".
The veil was gotten from Lagos, trouser from Minna, top from S.A and shoes from States.
#Dear hijabi, go for sports as a queen *winks*

Last Words

I love you all.....
Thanks for your time.
I hope and pray I have inspired someone out there.
Last words from Odion,
Be you. Be happy. Make others happy. Be confident. Be strong. Be a sweet hijabi :)
May Allah bless y'all, my beautiful sisters of Jannah 

*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment