Monday 1 February 2016

LIFESTYLE TOPIC: DROPPING THE TROUSERS WRITTEN BY: SIS HAFSAH BALOGUN OMOTOSO

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh hijabis,
It is a big privilege for me to write ‎about this topic and I pray this inspires my fellow Muslimah who are still struggling to drop the trousers.
First of all, let me give a brief introduction of myself.

My name is HAFSAH BALOGUN OMOTOSO‎. I am married with kids Masha Allah. I was born and bred in Lagos Nigeria. I presently work in an oil and gas firm in Apapa, Lagos. Growing up wasn't easy because I wasn't born with a silver spoon but Alhamdulilah I have overcome all the struggles and hurdles.

Don't let me bore you with my ‎biography, let's get to business....lol


The topic is self-explanatory and quite straight forward, simply put, STOP putting on the TROUSERS as a MUSLIMAH they are MEN CLOTHINGS!  Now let keep reading to get the full gist of how a trouser lover like me could be the one talking against it.
Firstly, It’s important to note that if you need to drop a Bad habit, don't drop it because you are being compelled to do so, drop it because you really want to drop it. If you drop it for the former, there is every possibility of going back to it when the factor for dropping it is no more in place.

Back to our gist, I didn't just wake up in one day and stop putting on trousers, not at all, It's was a gradual process for me, In shaa Allah I will give you a few tips later in this article on how to drop it.
Sincerely speaking, it is not easy to drop the trouser most especially if you or people around you don't see anything wrong with it‎. It's a common outfit for average people born in the 70s, 80s and the early 90s, and ladies in this our generation just find it the most comfortable outfit ever. Just like me, it used to be the ONLY outfit I was comfortable with and I was even encouraged to put it on by family and friends. I could remember I had no single skirt, my belief was skirt doesn't make you look smart‎ and it makes you look older than your age unlike the trousers that show the shapes and curves and make you look more beautiful. Subuhanallah!

I later stumbled on some Hadith where the prophet frowned against these act, let me share some of these hadiths with you.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the man who wears women’s clothing and the woman who wears men’s clothing. Narrated by Abu Dawood (4098) and classed as Saheeh by Al-Nawawi in his Al-Majmoo’ (4/469) and by Al-Albaani in Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawood.

‎It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allaah be upon Him) cursed men who imitate women and women who imitate men, and he said: “Throw them out of your houses” Narrated by Bukhaari (5885).

The above points are some of the reasons I was able to drop the trousers, I also realized that it does not conform with #myhijabmylifestle and most importantly Allah made it easy for me.

Here are few tips on how you can drop this lifestyle I hope you find them helpful.

Intention: -The prophet (S.A.W) said actions will be judged based on intention. Have a good intention on whatever you want to do and know that the only person you have to please is your Rabb.

Friends: - ‎There is an adage that says “show me your friend and I will tell you who you are”. Try and move with the right friends, Move with friends that share like minds with you, friends that can help your Imaan grow, friends you would love to meet in Jannah, if you do these, things will fall in place since such friends will only encourage you to pick up a lifestyle that will add to your scale of good deeds.

Gatherings: - yes, we love owambe (parties) but let us also create time to attend Islamic functions such as Dawah camps, Islamic lectures, Islamic symposium etc. When we attend such gatherings, we see different people from different backgrounds. We can then emulate some modest outfit, trust me you will be surprised when you see how gorgeous you can look without having to put on the trousers.


May Allah make it easy for us all, and add it to our scale of good deeds…Aamen

Jazaak Allah Khairan for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment