Friday 18 March 2016

#10. Hjab Fashion Style Diary


Salam alaikum,

My name is Gbolagade Shakirat student, Am a student of University of ibadan, Ibadan Oyo state Nigeria.
Hijab Story
it started in 2012 just before I gained admission into the university, I made up my mind not to use only head caps, but to cover every day well it wasn't easy but Alhamdulilahi, i see lots of Hijabis they inspire me even more, to be a better Muslimah ,I feel good about myself everyday (smiles)
  
How she achieved her styles
I am not the fashionista type, No! No! What I do basically is I go to the market, I see what I like, and then I buy......sometimes I get materials and sew...it saves money that way....loool
Here are some of my styles with details of how i achieved them.



I call this the legal look....looool, had a presentation so i tried to look formal..I wore a long black gown..white blazers(it was a gift from my friend Tawakalt) and a black and white scarf to wrap around it i can't remember how I got the scarf, but I think it saved the day.



A long black gown, a jacket to make it more formal and this Hijab, I bought it thinking it was green, found out it was lemon i almost cried, but wait! See what I did with it i smiled its Sunnnah.


I don't really get anyone to take pictures for me,so I just take selfies mostly, ( laughs) what can a sister do. Here i have a light brown scarf, i got this myself at sango market, I wore a jacket, got that at the mall and then a brown bag to match..simple.


This is traditional attire. Pink is my favorite colour, the clothe is from my mum, and the scarf I got it myself at a local market, so I just put it all together. Stunning, isn't it?


Here I wore my favorite green top thanks to my brother Abdullah he got me this, I wore a long black straight skirt, not tight fitted, got it from a woman at SUB park in unibadan, with a black scarf wrap around to give it the simple look I wanted and then a cream bag, I don't know why I took cream bag, but it was cool. Isn’t it? lol**


  Just saw this gown along the road and I loved it, but my friends told me it was too big for my small body, i told them, I would rock it my own way, so I just matched it with a black scarf and they were all surprised......I did it.. Smiles***


Here I wore a long sleeve shirt, and I wore a long black skirt, not straight not maxi but it’s a free skirt and this scarf, I love the colour. I bought it at Dugbe market for just 300 naira yesso, so I wrapped it this way. I was lucky and see how nice it is. Alhamdulilah


Time to look simple and classy, yay* so I wore a white armless inner, with a long sleeve jacket( black) to cover it up, plus a black straight skirt( not showing in the pix, I love my brown scarf, wrapping it up makes me complete, my big bag and of cause thanks to my friend  'Tawakalt' for the sunglasses.


Hmmmmn my love for a touch of brown! the shirt is a gift from a friends mum, I matched it with a black scarf, wrap around like this and a blue straight skirt to keep it simple yet official still took this pic despite my lateness trying to wrap the Hijab took my time, life of an hijabi*


Still on this official look things, Bought the shirt from a woman at Aleshinloye market in Ibadan Nigeria, cause the design got my attention, it was love at first sight (laughs), so I wore a black skirt to match, and this Hijab, i didn't get the style well but I tried hunh
.
 Last Words
With that I wrap it all up...Alhamdulillah, Thanks to Hijab Divas for letting me do this, to everyone out here Jazaak Allah Khairan. Please feel free to email me dewamiwa19@gmail.com if there's anything you'd like to share. Remember be covered and smile its Sunnah.....Ma salam


No comments:

Post a Comment