Thursday 10 March 2016

#4. Hijab Fashion Style Diary

Salam alaikum,

Profile
Name - Zainab Ojeifo
Occupation - Chartered Accountant and entrepreneur (Co-owner of The Modest Market Place)
Location - Lagos, Nigeria

My Hijab Story
I honestly don't have a very captivating story... Alhamdulillah, we don't have as many people here in Nigeria against the wearing of the hijab as in other countries.
It all started in 2013, I was on an official assignment in a client's office. All I know is that it was like an instruction I received, I walked into the restroom, let down my scarf and voila! I started wearing the hijab.
At first, it wasn't easy because people kept passing comments...the crazy comments were as many as the great comments, I didn't listen to the crazy ones, comments like, "management will never let you wear this thing", "don't you know you are a professional? How will you explain this to our clients", "how can you be covering your God given assets", "if you got it, you flaunt it", blah blah blah.
Well, like I said, I was carrying on an instruction and every day that passed, I made sure I gained more knowledge about the hijab, I watched you tube videos, understood all I could about wearing the hijab. I gained much more respect as a result of my new appearance, I never got questioned by my bosses and our clients warmed up to my new look. Though, I have had my slips, but then again, who hasn't? We can only strive to be better Muslims.

How she’s able to achieve her styles

Well, with all that I have been able to incorporate the hijab into my daily fashion and lifestyle. I buy my clothes anywhere, if I pass a store and I see a lovely maxi skirt, I'd stop and if pocket friendly, I buy, it's that simple.

 1. Owambe Outfit
Sequins material - Balogun market, Lagos
Hijab - all the materials and the styling by Rekiya of Rehystouch Makeover
Shoes - Jumia

2. Casual look
Denim shirt - Denim & Co. (Can't remember where it was bought)
Maxi black skirt - Atmosphere
Hijab - Baytuzeenah (An Islamic store in Lagos Nigeria)


3. Casual look
Maxi gown - Kaymu.com
Cardigan - a boutique in ogba
Belt - Accessories 2 die 4

4. Corporate Look (Monochrome)
Jacket and skirt - Atmosphere
White long sleeve shirt - Mr. Price
Red brooch - Balogun market
Hijab - Silk Route



5. Corporate Look
Blue cape blouse - Mag Divas
Black maxi skirt - Mr. Price
Green pashmina - Alausa mosque

6. Casual look
Gold and black long kimono - Rukayat of DreamWears
Black jeans - Balogun market
Black tee shirt - Mr. Price
Hijab - From my sister's wardrobe



7. Corporate Look
Black and white Cardigan - Marks and Spencer
Black tee shirt - Mr. Price
Black pair of trousers - A boutique in Omole (Lagos Nigeria)
Hijab - can't remember...long long time

8. Corporate Look
Pink jacket - New Look
Blue maxi gown - Jumia.com.ng
Blue brooch and belt - Accessories 2 die 4
Hijab - Balogun market

To our new and aspiring Hijabis, stand firm in your belief and do not give in to societal norms. You would be surprised by the support you will get from other Muslim sisters, we got your back, as in we really do. Ma salam

No comments:

Post a Comment