Thursday 10 March 2016

#5. Hijab Fashion Style Diary

Salam alaikum,

My name is Ajani Lateefat Olajumoke. I am a student of Kwara state polytechnic, Ilorin. I study Business Administration and I'm in HND 1. Alhamdulilah.

Hijab Story
It all started in 2012, when I gained admission into the polytechnic. For the first time, I realised the importance of Hijab. I went further to ask questions as I became curious. I stumbled on some articles, Islamic books, Quranic quotes, Islamic lectures, etc. And Alhamdulilah, here I am it has been a life changing experience for me and I'm still working on increasing the length of my hijab. In sha Allah.

 How she’s able to achieve her styles
 Well, the first challenge was my wardrobe. I had to get new cloths that will suite my hijab ranging from skirts, tops, matching hijabs/scarves etc. Sometimes I just run into nice stuff and buy. I don't really have a specific place for shopping. You know how hard it is to get our types of cloth.


1st Look: That's me on my way to school. I robbed my mom of that scarf.
I bought the jacket in a shop at post office Ilorin. The skirt was made by a tailor back home in sango. The belt is my cousin's, the bag I got from sango ota in Nigeria


2nd look: I bought that gown for my birthday
I got it in a shop @post office, Ilorin for like 1,500 naira and the scarf was also gotten from a shop in post office for 600 naira.
   
3rd look: I got the shirt from sango ota (can't remember the price)
I got the skirt from oshodi for less than 1000 naira and the scarf is from a sweet cousin of mine.


Owambe look: I got the ankara @school and my fashion designer made it. The hijab was a gift but you can get it for 600 naira in Ilorin.

 5th look: I dress like this sometimes. I made the qimar in oja tuntun, Ilorin. Both sewing and material costs 950 naira. And I wore an ankara skirt under. Shikena.


6th look: This is me again in an Indian wear 8-) I got the cloth from oshodi for 1500 naira excluding tailor fee. A sister made the hijab for me for 500naira

7th look: My gown I got it from post office too for less than 1000 naira. I bought the scarf from a friend for 1000 naira and the top was a gift from big sis.


Official look: I got the top from a shop in sango for 1800 naira. The hijab is a gift from my cousin. I was wearing a black skirt.


My advice to my fellow sisters in the house is that we should always try to acquire knowledge, especially about our Islam. We should know why we do what we do, when it should be done, how it is done etc. It is obligatory on every Muslim.
I pray that Almighty Allah guide us to the right path. I hope I've been able to help in my little way.

 Maa salam

No comments:

Post a Comment