Thursday 10 March 2016

#6.Hijab Fashion Style Diary

Salam alaikum,

My Name is Aaisha Patel and I am from Mumbai, India. I have just finished my high school together with Aalimah course, n I have become a Haafidhah too. Alhamdulillah hamdan katheerah.


 My Hijab Story
Since the time I had Started madressah, I got to know what Hijab is. Thereafter, I decided to bring Hijab practically, in my Life. Alhamdulillah, I felt so safe, protected, respected and so special. Just like a pearl in its shell. It's been two years since I have started Hijab
 Hijab is my right, my Life and my Choice


I always wear Abayas when I move out of the house, But when I am at home or a family gathering I mostly love to wear a long dress, I don't really like dresses that are too designed or beaded, so I go for Simple long gowns which I get from nearby shop or at any market store selling at affordable prices. I wear a suiting scarf or a black Color one just enough to cover up.


This gown is an umbrella cut and I just love it, the cloth is cotton from inside and net outside and has a kind of a belt under the chest and a simple design. This can be made by a tailor too. I just put on a bracelet.


That's an Abaya... I bought in Online for my cousins' engagement. Too many men, so I just put on an Abaya. People ask weird questions "don't you feel hot?", "you'll  fall", "Hey!! How do u survive in that?"
Well.. First of all... I love Abayas!! And I don't feel hot!! The trick is what you are wearing Inside!
I wear anything loose and not too thick inside like top and jeggings, because obviously no one would start checking out what u are wearing inside
The Abaya should be loose and thick enough not to reveal the shape of your body, and what you are wearing inside
Make sure u give the right size of your Abaya some people end up wearing a long one that might disturb you when you are walking or when you are in an occasion!! As for Abayas I always get a black color Abaya, though there are of many other colors. But I feel those of different colors attract people's attention!!  You can get these Abaya's Online, I mostly get mine from Dubai, because the clothes are strong, lasts longer, stitched properly, and is really perfect for an Hijabi!!!


 Sometimes families and friends get me dresses that are sleeve less.There I stand infront of the mirror thinking what to do until an idea came in mind, Just put on a cardigan!!
Cardigans help me alot. Sometimes when I am wearing a top, sleeveless or when my sleeves are short I run for Cardigans though I make sure the material is neither too thick nor too thin.


So that's me in the Indian dress, The Dress is only blue inside. But I just added a red color net on top.The sleeves were all net, but I got this idea from my cousin, she said we could find a Blue color cloth inside that best suits to cover up.. Then she sewed it for me. I did the Shopping from the Oberoi Mall. The scarf is from Dubai, where I do my usual shopping from.


I wear this Abaya when I go out like Shopping. The Cloth I s Good, neither too thick nor too thin it has good fitting too, not too fit or too wide. The trick is how you sew it! Alhamdulillah! I feel good n comfortable in the Abaya sown by my Cousin, Khadeejah! She did the designs on the sleeves and everything. Looking forward to learning from her. Oh! I got the Scarf from my elder Sister.

I hope you find this helpful, wish you all the best sisters. Maa salam.

No comments:

Post a Comment