Tuesday 15 March 2016

#7. Hijab Fashion Diary


Salam alaikum,
I am Olatunbosun Robiat Omolara, a graduate of Lagos State University, Adebola Adegunwa School of communication, Broadcasting Department.
 I am a blogger www.bridesandmuslimweddings.blogspot.com, and I currently stay in ipaja command are of Lagos Maa Sha Allah.

You can follow my page on IG @bridesandmuslimweddings and on Facebook too @Bridesandmuslimweddings

Hijab Story

 My hijab story started way back 2006/2007, when I came to live with my aunty, she uses hijab and since I started living with her I develop the habit of wearing the hijab too. Although it wasn't easy at first, you know dropping the trousers for long skirts and the short skirts for long gowns but Almighty Allah made it easy for me...Alhamdulilah

How and where she shop for her outfits
I just ensure when I go to the market to get myself clothes, I buy more free, flowing and long clothes rather than opting for the tight, clingy ones. I also have a very creative seamstress that make me very nice outfits at affordable rates. Here are some of my favorite looks and how I achieved them.


This one of my favorite look, I got the material from a lovely sis @zaynabbisoye(on Instagram), she sell nice materials like this, I bought it @400naira per yard, gave it to my seamstress who sew it @1,200naira nd tada I got this, the pashmina is from @mahariam, she sells nice scarfs too, the bag is from my collection, my shades from one ibo guy like that, all my shakara no pass 10k…. lol


I keep telling sisters, you don't need to go broke while trying to look rich, you can achieve more with less, just like this dress, bought material from @zaynabbisoye and sew it for very small amount...I really love it, decided to blend the cool blue with red and my sandals is gold color.


Our departmental award was in few weeks and I was still pondering on what to wear then my seamstress @fodostitches came up with this. It was my first time on red carpet (if u like call me a Bush girl) and I wanted to look good, so she made me this gold and blue, simple and elegant outfit.
By Allah's grace I won the award for Miss Big, Bold and Beautiful that night.

Last Words 
I hope I have been able to inspire my dear sisters that aspire to use the hijab., once you make up your mind, all other things will fall in place.
May Almighty Allah make it easy for us and increase us in imaan. Aamen….Maa salam

No comments:

Post a Comment